After being slated for demolition, this historic Baton Rouge landmark was saved by the efforts of concerned citizens.  The architects were then challenged with a set of mandates:  preserve the original 1927 structure, triple the campus to 300,000 SF, and maintain 4+ acres of park-like lawn at the front of the site.  The solution consolidates the new buildings around an outdoor performing-arts courtyard.

Baton Rouge Magnet High School
1/8